Using kid-friendly android/iPad apps, students learn to give commands to the Dash robot. Using block-based programming, Dash can be programmed to detect obstacles, voice and recognize when its being shaken or lifted off the ground. Students get to learn about and program the different sensors that enables Dash be aware of his surroundings.
Prerequisites: Scratch Junior 102
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Introduction to robotics.
- Giving directional commands
- Writing code to navigate through a maze.
- Time, speed, intensity
- Computer concepts: , loops, sequencing, algorithm.
- Programming Dash with Sound and infrared sensors.
STEM SKILLS DEVELOPED
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Imagination
- Decision making
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- A Tablet (Android or iPad) and charger
- A curious mind
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
Entrepreneurship is a very powerful force and when combined with technology, its potency is further unleashed. Our curriculum helps students develop the entrepreneurial mindset and skillset they need to succeed in life.
Demo Day Presentation
All our courses are always wrapped up with a project presentation on the final day. In front of parents and friends, our students present their personal or group projects to the delight of their families.