The course is a deep dive in Scratch for aspiring young programmers following the Scratch from Scratch course. After learning the fundamentals of Scratch and creative programming, students in the Intermediate Scratch course solidify their understanding of key computer science concepts including sequences, loops, conditionals, abstraction and object-oriented programming by creating more advanced and even more fun multimedia games and projects.
Prerequisites: Start From Scratch
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Reviewing the basic computer science concepts algorithms, sequences, loops, conditionals,
- Deep dive into computer science concepts such as conditionals and functions
- Introduction to data structures like lists
- Designing and programming Scratch games that read real world body movements and voice inputs
STEM SKILLS DEVELOPED
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Imagination
- Decision making
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- A laptop (Windows or Mac) and charger
- A curious mind
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
Entrepreneurship is a very powerful force and when combined with technology, its potency is further unleashed. Our curriculum helps students develop the entrepreneurial mindset and skillset they need to succeed in life.
Demo Day Presentation
All our courses are always wrapped up with a project presentation on the final day. In front of parents and friends, our students present their personal or group projects to the delight of their families.