This course serves as a natural progression from Intermediate Scratch. It solidifies and challenges students who have taken Intermediate Scratch to utilize what they learned about Scratch programming onto commanding actual physical objects! Students will build robots, and are exposed to how a computer code can affect real world objects. Using mBot, an Arduino-based, extensible robot kit, students create commands with mBlock, a variation of Scratch to follow lines, push objects, create useful LED displays and more, to practuce key computer science concepts such as loops and conditionals.
Prerequisites: Intermediate Scratch
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Introduction to robotics.
- Hands-on : coupling and assembling the mbot.
- Knowing the components of the mBot, and learning to connect and program it.
- Computer concepts: variable, function, loops, sequencing, algorithm.
- Introduction to LEDs, Light sensor and Buzzers, Line follower, ultrasonic sensor.
STEM SKILLS DEVELOPED
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Imagination
- Decision making
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- A laptop (Windows or Mac) and charger
- A curious mind
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
Entrepreneurship is a very powerful force and when combined with technology, its potency is further unleashed. Our curriculum helps students develop the entrepreneurial mindset and skillset they need to succeed in life.
Demo Day Presentation
All our courses are always wrapped up with a project presentation on the final day. In front of parents and friends, our students present their personal or group projects to the delight of their families.