Designed for young imaginative minds, the Start from Scratch course uses Scratch, a block-based programming tool developed by the MIT Media Lab, to give young students hands-on first try on programming. Students learn key computer science concepts such as sequences, loops, conditionals and abstraction by building their own fun projects of animated stories and multimedia games. Students are encouraged and supported by professionally trained instructors to design creative games and to think about the programming processes behind the apps and games they see in daily lives.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Introduction to digital storytelling and creative programming.
- Familiarizing with the Scratch interface and creating first projects.
- Events, sequences and loops.
- Introduction to the x-y coordinate system in Scratch.
- Introduction to conditionals, parallelism and objects.
- Introduction to Boolean operators.
STEM SKILLS DEVELOPED
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Imagination
- Decision making
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- A laptop (Windows or Mac) and charger
- A curious mind
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
Entrepreneurship is a very powerful force and when combined with technology, its potency is further unleashed. Our curriculum helps students develop the entrepreneurial mindset and skillset they need to succeed in life.
Demo Day Presentation
All our courses are always wrapped up with a project presentation on the final day. In front of parents and friends, our students present their personal or group projects to the delight of their families.