This course introduces students to the fundamentals of mobile app design, computer science and Design Thinking by coding games and applications using MIT's App Inventor, a block-based programming language used to create Android apps. Students learn hands-on with step-by-step instructions for building lots of fun projects.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Familiarizing with the App inventor interface and creating first projects.
- Introduction to the components and properties of components. Designing the user interface.
- Introduction to code blocks.
- Introduction to variables, decisions, and procedures.
- Lists and loops.
- Position sensors.
- Using speech and storing data on your phone.
- Animation, clocks and timers.
STEM SKILLS DEVELOPED
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Imagination
- Decision making
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WHAT TO BRING
- A laptop (Windows or Mac) and charger
- A curious mind
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
Entrepreneurship is a very powerful force and when combined with technology, its potency is further unleashed. Our curriculum helps students develop the entrepreneurial mindset and skillset they need to succeed in life.
Demo Day Presentation
All our courses are always wrapped up with a project presentation on the final day. In front of parents and friends, our students present their personal or group projects to the delight of their families.